With so many great YouTube channels, it can be tough to keep them all straight. When it comes to movies and TV shows, though, it’s a crime to forget about Screen Junkies. “Honest Trailers” is a favorite bit, in which a narrator gets down to the nitty gritty and tells about a movie or TV show in the most literal of terms.
There have been plenty of requests for an honest trailer for Star Trek: The Next Generation so Screen Junkies caved and made one of the funniest — and longest — ones they’ve ever made. The trailer breaks down the cast as:
- Counselor Troi: “An empath who can always tell when someone’s lying, except when she can’t.”
- Geordi LeForge: “A blind engineer who’s here to say tech words.”
- Worf: “A warrior who never runs out of Klingon fun facts.”
- Lieutenant Commander Data: “An android who drops being an android into conversations like your friend who just became a vegan.”
- Dr. Crusher: “Who’s just kind of there most of the time.”
- Wesley: “Whose genius is matched only by his skill at irritating people.”
- Captain Jean-Luc Picard: “The most British Frenchman in the galaxy.”
It points out that in the Next Generation universe, poverty, racism and war are things of the past, and pokes fun at the “miniskirt boys club” of The Original Series as well. Stop reading about it, though, and watch the video below. But beware: the things it brings to your attention will be impossible not to notice next time you tune in!